Time to Step out of your Comfort Zone?
Is it Time You Stepped Out of Your Comfort Zone?
Getting stuck in a routine is all too easy to do, we are creatures of habit, afterall.
But what is playing it safe doing to harm you? When is the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone and took on a new challenge?
People who seek out fresh experiences tend to be more creative and emotionally more resilient than those stuck in a routine. Break your own boundaries-it can only make you stronger, more confident and reach higher levels in your personal and professional life!
We have such a huge fear of failure in society today that we are AFRAID to actually stretch our own boundaries, but getting comfortable with feeling uncomfortable is the key to growing!
Here's how to step out of your comfort zone AND grow:
- Do it often-the more you step out there, the more comfortable you will feel and then you will avoid new challenges less.
- Start small-take baby steps out of your comfort zone to start with, like changing your living room around, switching brands of your favourite foods. This will help you get more comfortable with being out of your comfort zone.
- Reframe your feelings of fear-what do I mean by this?
Start to associate those feelings of fear, nervousness etc. as excitement and opportunity instead-soon, you'll see stepping out of your comfort zone as an exciting activity to be welcomed, not feared!
- Look for challenges-actively look to put yourself out there-it's where you will grow!
- Focus on WHY-focus on why you are stepping out of the comfort zone; it may be to build courage, become more creative, develop a new skill-when you focus on this, it helps take away any of those butterflies around the fear of doing the actual task.
Enjoy the thrill of stepping out of your comfort zone!
'Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!'
Sending you courage and craziness to do the things you've always dreamed of!